Ray Konopka

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 351 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: TRzCheckBox on Windows 11 #4374
    Ray Konopka
    Keymaster

      Hi Olivier,
      Unfortunately, that style comes from Windows itself. To change the appearance, there are a couple things you could do. First, you could load a different VCL Style into your application and then use the Per Control Styling introduced in Delphi and then set all your check boxes to use the other style.

      Another option would be to set the ThemeAware property of the TRzCheckBox to False, and then set the HotTrack property to True. This will cause the TRzCheckBox to draw the check box states internally rather than use the style elements.

      Ray

      in reply to: KSVC Controls Bug when scrollbar width overridden #4314
      Ray Konopka
      Keymaster

        Hi Chris,
        The TRzListBox and TRzComboBox are descendants of the TCustomListBox and TCustomComboBox, respectively. Neither version does anything specific with the scroll bars. I’d be curious if you try out the same technique with the TListBox and TComboBox, do you get the same behavior?

        Ray

        in reply to: KSVC 8.0 RzCheckTree checkboxes not drawing #4304
        Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

          Hi,
          Are you able to reproduce the issue in a test project? If so, please send the source code (zipped up) to support@raize.com and I’ll take a look.

          Ray

          in reply to: codesite into a DLL #4274
          Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

            Hi Ricardo,
            You are right. For some reason the content within “<" and ">” are getting stripped. I’ll have to dig into WordPress to see what is causing that. Anyway, the #include statement was supposed to include IdIOHandler.hpp within the angled brackets.
            Thanks for posting your solution.
            Ray

            in reply to: Search. #4255
            Ray Konopka
            Keymaster

              Hi Steve,
              I believe the DynamicFilter property will give you the desired behavior. For example, consider a form that has a TIxObjectInspector and a TRzEdit, and the OnChange event handler for the edit looks like the following:

              procedure TForm10.RzEdit1Change(Sender: TObject);
              begin
                IxObjectInspector1.DynamicFilter := RzEdit1.Text;
              end;

              When you type into the edit box, the properties displayed in the ObjectInspector are filtered to just show the properties that match the filter.

              Ray

              in reply to: codesite into a DLL #4252
              Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

                Hi Ricardo,

                I’m really sorry about that. I have no idea why the file was not included in the message. And apparently, my notifications of new replies to posts got turned off.

                That line should have been,

                #include

                Again, I apologize for the confusion and delay.

                Ray

                in reply to: Delphi 13: Konopka Signature VCL Controls #4251
                Ray Konopka
                Keymaster

                  Hi Steve,

                  Yes, KSVC 8.0.1 will be available soon on GetIt with support for RAD Studio 13.

                  And yes, I will be releasing a new version of the Palette Menu for RAD Studio 13 soon as well. Just finishing up the release of the other products first.

                  Ray

                  in reply to: codesite into a DLL #4160
                  Ray Konopka
                  Keymaster

                    Hi Ricardo,
                    We’ve received a couple reports of issues with the IDIOHANDLER object file. The odd thing about this is that the IdIOHandler unit is part of the Indy components that come with Delphi and C++Builder. CodeSite uses the Indy components to send CodeSite messages via TCP.
                    One thing to try is to add the following to your DLL project:
                    #include
                    Ray

                    in reply to: TRzPagePanel Pages: No Transparency Property. #4159
                    Ray Konopka
                    Keymaster

                      Hi Steve,
                      Do you mean the TRzTabSheet controls used in the TRzPageControl? What are you trying to accomplish with your interface?
                      There is no Transparent property of the TRzTabSheet because frankly, transparency in the VCL is pretty much a hack or a simulation at best. And the structure of a page control (with embedded) tab sheets makes that even more complicated.
                      You may be able to get the effect you are wanting by handling the painting events of the TRzPageControl. I did this for a project I worked on years ago. I can try to dig up the code, if it is similar to what you are trying to accomplish.
                      Ray

                      in reply to: KSVC6: Override VCL Styles for TRzPanel. #4158
                      Ray Konopka
                      Keymaster

                        Hi Steve,
                        I’m sorry, but I missed your follow-up message. You can send your screenshot to support@raize.com and I’ll take a look. Also, what version of Delphi are you using and which version of KSVC? I just noticed that that your subject references KSVC6. Is that correct?
                        Ray

                        in reply to: KSVC6: Override VCL Styles for TRzPanel. #4144
                        Ray Konopka
                        Keymaster

                          Hi Steve,

                          There are a couple of ways you can override the current VCL Style in a TRzPanel. The first is to change the VisualStyle property from vsWinXP to vsClassic or vsGradient. vsWinXP means that the panel is drawn using the current Style, which was first introduced in Windows XP (hence the enum name). When you change VisualStyle to vsClassic or vsGradient, the various Color properties in the TRzPanel take effect.

                          Another option is to remove the seClient element from the StyleElements set. This has the same effect as switching the VisualStyle property. StyleElements is a base VCL property that was added many years after the VisualStyle property was added to the TRzPanel, which is why both properties are available in the control.

                          Ray

                          in reply to: KSVC 8.0 GroupColor in RzListBox #4134
                          Ray Konopka
                          Keymaster

                            Hi Peter,
                            I apologize for the delay in responding. Please remove the seClient value from the StyleElements property of the list box. One significant area of focus for KSVC 8 was to provide better support for the StyleElements property. This is one of those cases.

                            Ray

                            in reply to: Konopka VCL Controls for 64bit IDE #4128
                            Ray Konopka
                            Keymaster

                              Thanks for jumping in Ian!
                              Ray

                              in reply to: TRzRadioBtn default Glyph corners are not transparent #4127
                              Ray Konopka
                              Keymaster

                                Hi,
                                Please download the latest version of KSVC (i.e. version 8) and see if you still have issues.

                                Ray

                                in reply to: Dispatcher: Out of Memory – Too high rate of messages? #4111
                                Ray Konopka
                                Keymaster

                                  160 messages per second is a bit high. For short bursts, that should not cause any issues, but if this rate was over a longer time period, it could certainly put an extra strain on the dispatcher.

                                  You mention that the Out of Memory error is happening on your client’s machine. I’m curious if you have seen this same behavior on your machine? I’m curious as to the memory capacity of the client machine.

                                  Ray

                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 351 total)