Ray Konopka

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 351 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Question about RaizeComponents_LibSuffix.inc #4559
    Ray Konopka
    Keymaster

      Hi Paul,
      Yes, unfortunately, the Delphi IDE does not really like unexpected $I references in the DPK file. It worked for Raize Components because I never compiled the DPKs inside the IDE. I always built them from the command line (from my build scripts).

      However, the good news is that in recent versions of Delphi, they new feature was added so we no longer have to add separate {$LIBSUFFIX nnn} statements based on the version of Delphi we are compiling for. Instead, you can just specify:
      {$LIBSUFFIX AUTO}
      in your DPK and the IDE will take care of putting the correct suffix on the compiled package files.

      Ray

      in reply to: TRzToolButton gets larger than expected #4557
      Ray Konopka
      Keymaster

        Hi Uwe,
        I’m packaging up the KSVC source for a new update. I forgot to let you know, but I added a new ImagePadding property to the TRzToolButton. It defaults to 8, which is the current behavior. However, if you change ImagePadding to 0, you will get the old behavior and you’ll be able to have the button be the same size as the image. In other words, the button’s size will not grow to fit the image size.
        Ray

        in reply to: Switching between Express and Studio #4556
        Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

          Hi Hans,

          Yes, using a #define to control which package/library gets linked in and doing the same for the methods that are only supported in the Studio version should be all that is necessary.

          Of course, you could always have your coworkers get a license to CodeSite Studio and then you wouldn’t have to worry about any of this 🙂

          Ray

          in reply to: TRzToolButton gets larger than expected #4527
          Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

            Hi Uwe,
            I’ll look to adding a property to control that. Of course, in the meantime, you can revert that method back to its original version and use the !Build_KSVC.cmd to rebuild the components and packages.

            However, I also have to ask how exactly are you using the TRzToolButton controls with images the same size as the button? What I mean is that with the old code, something is going to be off with using an image size the same as the button size. Either the button’s border is getting covered, or the image is getting clipped.

            Do you have a screenshot of your interface?
            Ray

            in reply to: Minor install issue #4519
            Ray Konopka
            Keymaster

              Hi Paul,

              Thanks for the report. I suspect you have an extra large drive on your system and the CodeSite 5 Installer is based on the old Wise Installation System tool, which is still quite good, but it does have issues with reporting the correct requirements on newer very large drives.

              Ray

              in reply to: CodeSite 6?? #4517
              Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

                Hi Paul,

                Yes, back when I was first talking about CodeSite 6, I did mention the possibility of switching to a subscription model. I haven’t ruled it out, but developers are getting inundated with subscriptions these days, so I haven’t made a final decision.

                There are pros and cons to both approaches. Some people like a smaller subscription amount because it is easier to budget. Others like the simplicity of a one-time purchase. Do you have a preference?

                Ray

                in reply to: CodeSite 6?? #4513
                Ray Konopka
                Keymaster

                  Hi All,
                  While I do not have a specific release date to announce, I can most certainly assure you that CodeSite is not dead. New builds of CodeSite have been released with each new Delphi release and I am working hard to wrap up version 6.

                  As I have stated previously, every facet of the product has been affected by CodeSite 6. Along the way there have certainly been some unexpected setbacks, but I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. I really want to release CS6 this fall. I share your disappointment in the long delay and I hope you understand my reluctance to announce a specific release date until I know that the product is indeed ready.

                  Ray

                  in reply to: RzPanel and Transparency #4494
                  Ray Konopka
                  Keymaster

                    Hi Andreas,
                    I not sure what happened, but for some reason your post got blocked and did not get posted. I only found it because I was tracking down another issue with the forums. I certainly apologize for this situation.

                    Since the time of your posting, Delphi 13.1 has been released as well as KSVC 8.0.2. Do you still see the issues with 8.0.2? There have been quite a few changes in Delphi from XE to 13, specifically the way in which the TCustomPanel (ancestor of TRzCustomPanel > TRzPanel) handles VCL Styles and thus transparency.

                    In looking at the video, it appears that the panel ancestor just contains the specific label and no other controls. Is that correct? If so, then I would just remove the panel and just use the label. I would turn off the AutoSize property and then align it the same way you aligned the panel, which appears to be alTop.

                    Ray

                    in reply to: TRzPagePanel Tab Colours with VCL Styles. #4440
                    Ray Konopka
                    Keymaster

                      What VCL Style are you using?

                      Regardless, you can customize the text color by doing the following:
                      Uncheck the seFont element from the StyleElements property of the TRzPageControl. Then you can change the TextColors.Selected property to the color you wish.

                      Ray

                      in reply to: TRzButtonEdit 8.0.1 Causes Error in Delphi 13. #4439
                      Ray Konopka
                      Keymaster

                        The issue should be fixed in 8.0.2

                        in reply to: TRzButtonEdit 8.0.1 Causes Error in Delphi 13. #4409
                        Ray Konopka
                        Keymaster

                          Hi David,
                          The issue is with the component itself and a change that was made in 8.0.1. I was able to duplicate the issue by dynamically creating the TRzButtonEdit. I’m kind of surprised there were not more reports of this problem, but if you are using 8.0.1 and not having an issue, there may be something else in play. In tracing through the code, the change from calling Width to ClientWidth resulted in low level VCL code being called that required a Window Handle to be allocated.

                          Ray

                          in reply to: TRzButtonEdit 8.0.1 Causes Error in Delphi 13. #4407
                          Ray Konopka
                          Keymaster

                            Hi,
                            Very interesting bug. One little change from referencing Width to ClientWidth caused the issue. I have fixed the issue and submitted to Embarcadero. In the meantime before they can make a new version available, you can fix the issue by making the following two changes and then using the !Build_KSVC.cmd file (in the Source directory) to rebuild the components.

                            In RzBtnEdt.pas, update the beginning of TRzCustomButtonEdit.ResizeButtons to add the call to HandleAllocated:

                            procedure TRzCustomButtonEdit.ResizeButtons;
                            var
                              W, MinHeight: Integer;
                            begin
                              if HandleAllocated and not ( csLoading in ComponentState ) then
                              begin

                            In the RzDbBnEd.pas, make the same edit to TRzDBCustomButtonEdit.ResizeButtons:

                            procedure TRzDBButtonEdit.ResizeButtons;
                            var
                              W, MinHeight: Integer;
                            begin
                              if HandleAllocated and not ( csLoading in ComponentState ) then
                              begin

                            After making the changes, run the !Build_KSVC.cmd file and follow the instructions for rebuilding the runtime and design packages.

                            Ray

                            in reply to: TRzButtonEdit 8.0.1 Causes Error in Delphi 13. #4406
                            Ray Konopka
                            Keymaster

                              Hi All,
                              I am able to duplicate the issue. Researching the issue now and will provide a fix to Embarcadero and/or a workaround as quickly as possible. I’ll keep this group posted.

                              Ray

                              in reply to: JSON Data Support in CodeSite #4381
                              Ray Konopka
                              Keymaster

                                Hi Charles,
                                Not directly in the current version. However, you can download the CodeSiteJsonLogging unit from the Downloads section of my Delphi By Design blog (https://delphibydesign.com/downloads/). At the bottom of the page, in the CodeSite section, you will find the entry for the CodeSite JSON Logging download.

                                By the way, the next major release of CodeSite will have integrated support for JSON.

                                Ray

                                in reply to: TRzLine. #4375
                                Ray Konopka
                                Keymaster

                                  Hi Steve,

                                  Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the GDI.

                                  Ray

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 351 total)