TRzTrayIcon: is own datastructure for TNotifyIconData still necessary

Home Forums Konopka Signature VCL Controls (formerly Raize Components) TRzTrayIcon: is own datastructure for TNotifyIconData still necessary

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ulrich Kobsa
      Participant

Hi Ray,

TRzTrayIcon uses TRzNotifyIconData for FIconData. Is this really still necessary? Especially as it is missing two fields compared to TNotifyIconData of Winapi.ShellAPI.

kind regards,

Ulrich

Ulrich Kobsa
        Participant

Why I’m asking: we have a bunch of error reports from our application that shows problems when we try to send the application to tray: every time on that machines it fails with Windows error code $80004005

Unfortunately none of our machines shows this behavior.

From logs we found it happens when we try to enable the tray icon ( AppTrayIcon.Enabled := true; which is still false after the call). Deleting Windows error code before that call and checking it afterwards gives error code $80004005

So I checked RzTray.pas and found that difference in declaration of _RZNOTIFYICONDATAW. As I’m not sure, if this is custom declaration is still necessary, maybe you remember why it was introduced.

kind regards, Ulrich

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

Hi Ulrich,
            In short, the custom TRzNotifyIconData structure is probably not necessary. It was originally added because Delphi did not include any support for that data structure at the time. Now that Delphi includes the definition for TNotifyIconData, the Raize version should probably be deleted. It should be possible to do that in the RzTray.pas file and then run the !Build_RC7.cmd (or !Build_RC6.cmd) file in the Source directory to rebuild the DCUs and Packages.

I would also suggest that you create a report in Quality Portal so that Embarcadero can make this a permanent fix.

Ray

Ulrich Kobsa
            Participant

Thanks Ray,

report has been created: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-42064

kind regards,

Ulrich

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.