Rounded corners

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lars Johansson
      Participant

Is it possible to get rounded corners on a button or edits?

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Lars,
          The frames of buttons and edits are handled by the current style of the operating system, or if you are using VCL Styles. There are some additional levels of customization when it comes to Custom Framing for edit controls, but rounded corners are not one of the features required.

Ray

Leonardo Bonomi
          Participant

Hi all,
            I am having a similar issue while migrating one of our applications from Delphi 7 (with plenty of components) to Alexandria 11.1.

We would like to use Raize components as much as possible instead of the components we used before.

The problem is that we have not been able to find a good alternative for a rounded button. The only solution was to use the TRzBmpButton component and create appropriate bitmap images for each button. The result is good, but the effort is huge.

Do you have any better solutions to suggest, maybe something new compared to the non-solution available at the time of the previous post in this topic?

Best regards,
            Leo

Ray Konopka
            Keymaster

Hi Leo,

There are two thoughts that come to mind. The first is to leverage VCL Styles to create your rounded buttons. And with Per-Control styling that was introduced in 10.4, you can use the custom style for only the buttons. However, creating a custom VCL Style, even just the button part of it, is not trivial. I suggest checking out my CodeRage session – Creating Custom VCL Styles (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBlSSObmfXA).

The other option would be to create a custom button component where you can control precisely how the button looks. Of course, creating a custom button is not a trivial task either.

Ray

Leonardo Bonomi
              Participant

Thanks a lot, Ray.
                I will watch the video carefully, then I will decide how to proceed.

Regards,
                Leo

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.