Help with using TCP

Home Forums CodeSite Help with using TCP

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Frederick Wilt
      Participant

Hi,

I have Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, Delphi Studio 11 update 3 patch 1 and CodeSite 5.4.0.

I dug out an old Windows service written in Delphi. At the time I used the “connect using TCP” feature of CodeSite to debug the service. It worked fine.

Now I cannot get the TCP feature to work even from a simple desktop app.

Has Microsoft broken things again or have I?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Frederick

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi,

If the ConnectUsingTcp approach is not working, there are a few things to check.

First, are you able to send a CodeSite message using the default connection method? That is, without calling ConnectUsingTcp? This will ensure that the Dispatcher is not Disabled, or that the Live Viewer is Blocking Incoming messages.

Next, are you specifying any parameters when calling ConnectUsingTcp? When no parameters are specified, the default host (localhost) and TCP port (3434) are used.

Next, check the Dispatcher Settings and verify that the TCP Port specified matches. I would also recommend checking that any Firewall software is not blocking that port.

Ray

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.