Starting Dispatcher from the program is logging

Home Forums CodeSite Starting Dispatcher from the program is logging

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Andrea Magni
      Participant

Hi Ray, I’m a happy CodeSite (Express) user since a decade. Thank for this powerful tool.

Is it possible to start the dispatcher and the live viewer from within the process is sending log messages? I’d like to deploy CodeSite Dispatcher and LiveViewer and just activate them at a certain point of the running process (on user explicit request, for example).

I’ve made a couple of attempts but it seems the Dispatcher really needs to be execute before launching the process generating the log messages.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Andrea

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Andrea,
          When a program first tries to send a CodeSite message, the CodeSite logging class (TCodeSiteLogger) checks to see if the Dispatcher is running. If it is not, then the Dispatcher is started. The logger class looks in the Registry for the location of the CodeSite Dispatcher in case the CodeSite Tools are installed on the computer. If the Registry entry is present, the Dispatcher at that location is launched. If the Registry entry is not present, then the logger will look in the current directory of the application and launch the CSDispatcher.exe file if it is present.

Having the Dispatcher get started by an application is quite common and I do that all the time. I’m curious to learn more about your attempts and what type of application you are building and how you are using CodeSite Express. Feel free to send an email to support@raize.com and I’ll be happy to assist in tracking down the issues.

Ray

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.