Problem on reinstallation (don’t want)

Home Forums Konopka Signature VCL Controls (formerly Raize Components) Problem on reinstallation (don’t want)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rudy DELVAUX
      Participant

Hi,

I would like to submit an issue that is quite disruptive to the applications code.

I bought the RAD studio enterprise 10.4.2 pack some time ago and as a gift install via getit your Konopka Signature VCL Controls mainly for two component (TRzButton & TRzBitBtn to have color in back of the button).

In recent days, a crash forced me to reinstall the RAD and Konopka components refuse to install, like subscription to RAD updates has ended.

a poisoned gift  since I have 3 large applications that use them pretty much everywhere and that I need to update. Not possible as it stands.

And not possible to find the lib in standalone installation format other than via getit.

Embarcadero (via Barnsten) don’t know how to help and I don’t have the time to reopen the code and re-code with other components.

possible help ????

Best,

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Rudy DELVAUX.
        Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Rudy,

I am very sorry to hear of your troubles with the components. I am very surprised that Embarcadero said they don’t know how to help. Embarcadero acquired Raize Components back in 2015 and rebranded the controls as KSVC. Embarcadero created the GetIt package that is used to install the components.

I understand your predicament and will try to find out some more information. What is the exact message that you are receiving when you try to install the components via GetIt?

Ray

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

Hi Rudy,

Here is some additional information that may help your situation.

The GetIt packages for RAD Studio 10.4 are stored in the following folder:
            C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\CatalogRepository

Close RAD Studio and then navigate to the above folder and delete the KonopkControls*** folder if it exists.

Next, edit the Registry and navigate to:
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\CatalogRepository\Elements
            and delete the KonopkaControls*** key if it exists.

Then restart RAD Studio and try to install the Konopka Signature VCL Controls again.

Hope this helps.
            Ray

Rudy DELVAUX
            Participant

Hi Ray and many thanks for your time.

Seems embarcadero do something to my account and things are now unlocked , Raize components are availaible again.

two weeks waiting but already fine now.

thanks again

Best,

Rudy

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Rudy DELVAUX. Reason: orthograph fault
          Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.