Encrypted text in log

Home Forums CodeSite Encrypted text in log

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Csaba Bodi
      Participant

Hi All,

I need to create a function to store and show encrypted text in the csl files.

My plan is to create a plugin which can retrive the original info, if the logged in windows user is on the list, which can be found in an ini file.

Could you please help me with some information about how can I make a plugin for CodeSite View?

Thanks

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi,

I have created a sample plugin that decodes a CodeSite message where the message text has been encoded in Base64 — basically the first part of handling encrypted message text. I’ll post the code as soon as I can — sometime tomorrow.

In the meantime, please note that in order to build a custom plugin for CodeSite 5, you must use Delphi 10.2 Tokyo.

Ray

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

Hi,

You can download the sample plug-in from the following link:

https://raize.com/wp-content/uploads/CSDecodeTextPlugIn.zip

Inside the zip file you will find several files related to the plug-in and several files that are for a test program that generates a couple CodeSite messages.

As noted earlier, you will need to have Delphi 10.2 Tokyo to rebuild the custom plugin. However, I did include the CSDecodeTextPlugIn.bpl in the zip file. Copy this BPL file to the Raize\CS5\Bin\PlugIns directory of your CodeSite 5 installation. (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Raize\CS5\Bin\PlugIns. Restart the Live Viewer so the viewer can pickup the new plugin during startup.

The custom plugin related files all start with CSDecodeText*.
            CSDecodeTextInspector.pas is the main inspector unit, which overrides several simple methods including the CreateInspectorControl method, which is used to instantiate and instance of the TfrmDecodeText form.
            CSDecodeTextForm.pas (and .dfm): the inspector form used to display the decoded data.
            CSDecodeTextPlugIn.dpk is the basic package for the plugin
            CSDecodeTextPlugIn.verinfo – version info resource file
            CSDecodeTextPlugInResources.rc – resource file that links in version info

There are also two command files for building the resource files and compiling the plugin.

Ray

Csaba Bodi
            Participant

Grateful thanks! It’s perfect! 🙂

But a I have a small problem. I tried to compile it and a required component missing:

requires
              Vcl,
              CodeSitePlugIns;

Where can I find it and how to install? Please help if you can.

Thanks!

Regards,

Csaba

Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

Hi,

The CodeSitePlugIns.dcp file is located in the …Raize\CS5\Lib\RX10.2\Win32 directory. You may need to edit the BuildPlugIn.cmd file and update the CodeSiteInstallDir variable with the path to where you installed CodeSite Studio on your system.

Ah, are you using CodeSite Express? The CodeSitePlugIns.dcp file is only available in the Studio Edition.

Ray

Csaba Bodi
                Participant

Yes. That’s true. I’m using the version from the GetIt package manager.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.