TRzDBGrid.QuickCompare

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Peter Dzomlija
      Participant

I use the TRzDBGrid.QuickCompare property do display records marked as “Invalid” in an alternate color.

However, my particular needs require 3 drawing states for the records in my data:

• Normal (Font Color “clWindowText”)
        • Invalid (Font Color “clRed”)
        • Requires Attention (Font Color “clGreen”)

Is there a way to use TRzDBGrid.QuickCompare do do this?

If not, then perhaps TRzDBGrid can be further updated do allow for multiple “QuickCompare” entries, in a fashion similar to TRzDBGrid.Columns so that multiple compare conditions can be specified?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Peter Dzomlija. Reason: Spelling Errors
        Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Peter,

The QuickCompare functionality is designed to test a condition for each row and if the condition is met, the row is colored using the QuickCompare.Color value. As such, it really is not designed to handle what you are suggesting.

Allowing multiple conditions would be a way to handle that, but that would require changing the QuickCompare property to a collection. It is certainly something that you should request from Embarcadero. (BTW, I’m trying to find out from Embarcadero, what is the property way customers can submit bug reports and enhancement requests for the KSVC. I’ll post my findings in this forum).

As an alternative, you may be able to accomplish what you wish by handling the OnDrawColumnCell event.

Ray

Peter Dzomlija
            Participant

For for your response, Ray.

This is a sample use of “OnDrawColumnCell”:
              OnDrawColumnCell

It works well enough to replace the “TRUE / FALSE” displayed by Boolean fields with a checkmark glyph.

But as far as I can tell, “OnDrawColumnCell” only gives me access to the value of the field that is being drawn, and not the entire record represented by the row. So if I’m drawing a string field, I cannot check the value of a boolean field in the same record, which means I can’t change the font style to (for example) “Red, StrikeOut” or “Green, Italic” based upon the values of other fields in the same record…

Or have I missed something? 🤔

Ray Konopka
            Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay. You can get the value of other fields in the record by using the Column parameter. For example,

var
                GamesField: TField;
              begin
                GamesField := Column.Field.DataSet.FieldByName( 'G' );
                if GamesField.Value > 50 then 
                  . . .

In this example, I have a grid displaying baseball statistics. Field G represents the number of games. I can use the Column parameter to get the field object of any other field I’m interested in. I do this to get the GamesField object, from which I can get the value and alter the appearance of the fields in that record appropriately.

Ray

Peter Dzomlija
              Participant

Thanks Ray. You have been a great help.

Since my last reply, I have learned that I can use

TDBGrid(Sender).DataSource.DataSet.FieldValues[DataModule1._FXQueryBusy.FieldName];

to determine the appropriate values of other fields.

The following code is what I use for <u>OnDrawColumnCell</u>. Perhaps it will be off assistance to others who have a similar:

procedure TFormMain.DBGridDataDrawColumnCell(Sender: TObject; const Rect: TRect; DataCol: Integer; Column: TColumn; State: TGridDrawState);
                      procedure DrawBooleanValue(AValue:Boolean; AImageIndex:Integer; AFieldName:string);
                      begin
                        if (CompareText(Column.Field.FieldName, AFieldName)=0) then
                          if AValue then
                            ImageListGrid.Draw(DBGridData.Canvas, Rect.Left+((Rect.Width - ImageListGrid.Width) div 2),
                                                                  Rect.Top+((Rect.Height - ImageListGrid.Height) div 2), AImageIndex);
                      end;
                begin
                  with Sender as TDBGrid do
                    if DataSource.DataSet.RecordCount > 0 then
                      begin
                        {Row Background}
                        if (gdSelected in State) or (gdRowSelected in State) then
                          Canvas.Brush.Color := clHighlight
                        else
                          if Odd(DataSource.DataSet.RecNo) then
                            Canvas.Brush.Color := clWindow
                          else
                            Canvas.Brush.Color := $00FAFAFA;

Canvas.FillRect(Rect);

{Cell Values}
                        if not Assigned(Column.Field) then
                          DefaultDrawColumnCell(Rect, DataCol, Column, State)
                        else
                          {Boolean Fields must be drawn using a TImagelist glyph}
                          if Column.Field.InheritsFrom(TBooleanField) then with TBooleanField(Column.Field) do
                            begin
                              DrawBooleanValue(not Value, 1, DataModule1._FXIsValid.FieldName);
                              DrawBooleanValue(Value, 0, DataModule1._FXBusy.FieldName);
                            end
                          else
                            {Change the font style/color}
                            with DataModule1, Column.Field do
                              begin
                                if not DataSource.DataSet.FieldValues[DataModule1._FXIsValid.FieldName] then
                                  begin
                                    Canvas.Font.Style := [fsStrikeOut];
                                    Canvas.Font.Color := IfThen(gdSelected in State, clHighLightText, clRed);
                                  end
                                else
                                  if DataSource.DataSet.FieldValues[DataModule1._FXBusy.FieldName] then
                                    begin
                                      Canvas.Font.Style := [fsItalic];
                                      Canvas.Font.Color := IfThen(gdSelected in State, clHighLightText, clGreen);
                                    end
                                  else
                                    begin
                                      Canvas.Font.Style := [];
                                      Canvas.Font.Color := IfThen(gdSelected in State, clHighLightText, clWindowText);
                                    end;

{Continue Drawing}
                                DefaultDrawColumnCell(Rect, DataCol, Column, State);
                              end;
                      end
                    else
                      DefaultDrawColumnCell(Rect, DataCol, Column, State);
                end;

Off-Topic P.S:<i>Is there any way to get the Raize/Konopka controls installed into Delphi Community Edition 10.4?</i> 🤔 I can’t use 10.4 CE for my primary project, because it makes extensive use of Raize. So I have to continue using 10.1 Berlin….

Ray Konopka
                Keymaster

I believe that Embarcadero has stated that the KSVC are not available for CE.

Ray

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.