Out of memory errors

Home Forums CodeSite Out of memory errors

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Nathan Wild
      Participant

I have seen this a few times, and am not sure why it is happening.  I often leave the CS5 dispatcher running on systems that I use internally or for testing.  I have it disabled (by right-clicking on the tray-icon and picking “Disable”).  The viewer does not pop up when messages are emitted from my applications, but after a few days I get a modal “Out of memory” error, and my applications freeze until it is cleared.

Am I not disabling this correctly?

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

You are disabling the Dispatcher correctly. When the dispatcher is disabled, CodeSite messages generated from your applications are still sent to the Dispatcher, but the Dispatcher will not forward them onto their destination. The other way to “disable” logging is to set the Enabled property of the CodeSiteManager (or individual CodeSite logger objects) to False in your application.

As for the Out of Memory errors that you are receiving, what version of the CodeSite Dispatcher are you using? Are you running the latest version?

Ray

Nathan Wild
          Participant

This has happened for as long as I can remember.  I usually don’t leave CS installed on systems when I am not actively monitoring things, but I have done so a few times in cases where I am monitoring things intermittently.  The most recent instance (that prompted this post) was CodeSite v5.4.1

Nathan Wild
            Participant

Any update on this?

Nathan Wild
              Participant

According to this site, 5.4.1 is the latest version.

Nathan Wild
                Participant

Still no word on this?  Anything I can do to help isolate the problem?

Ray Konopka
                  Keymaster

Hi Nathan,

I apologize for the delay. For some reason I stopped getting notifications for new posts in the forums. I have the CodeSite Dispatcher running pretty much all the time and I am not experiencing the issue you describe, so it is important to try to figure out what is causing the issue.

From your original post, it sounds like the Dispatcher is reporting the Out of Memory error and not the Live Viewer. Is that correct? Also, is there anything that you can note that results in the Out of Memory to get reported. For example, you noted that you disable the dispatcher and then after a couple days you the error. Does the error just pop up? Or, do you do something first, such as Enable the Dispatcher?

It would also be good to have you send me the CSDispatcherLog.txt file. The file is located at: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Raize\CodeSite\5.0. Please send me a copy of the log file. Also, the next time the Out of Memory error occurs, grab the CSDispatcherLog.txt file and send that one as well. Please send them to support@raize.com.

Additionally, are you only using the Live Viewer destination? Or, are you sending messages to any other destinations?

And finally, for now, what types of messages are you sending? Basic datatypes like strings, integers, etc. Or, are you sending lots of objects, images, etc.

Ray

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.