Konopka Signature VCL Controls Problems on Delphi Sydney 10.4

Home Forums Konopka Signature VCL Controls (formerly Raize Components) Konopka Signature VCL Controls Problems on Delphi Sydney 10.4

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I have installed Delphi Sydney 10.4 with patch 1, patch 2 and patch 3.

I use many Konopka Signature VCL Controls on my projects.

These controls have been working without any problem on Delphi Rio 10.3.3.

But I have noticed that on Delphi Sydney 10.4 these controls have many problems.

I think that these problems are generated by Delphi Sydney 10.4 itself.

When I opened my project on Delphi 10.4 I have noticed some strange behaviors:

The color of the Konopka Signature VCL panels of the project’s forms have been changed from clCream to $00F3F3F3 and it is impossible to change the color to clCream at the design-time.

Also the color of the fonts of the buttons and labels of the Konopka SignatureVCL Controls has been changed from clNavy to clBlack and it is impossible to change the color of the font of the buttons and labels from clBack to clNavy at the design-time.

You can change the Color on the Object Inspector but the component color does not change.

If you change the color at the design-time of the Konopka Signature VCL Controls from the $00F3F3F3 color to the desired color it will be shown with the correct color at the run-time for some Signature Konopka VCL Controls but not for all Konopka Signature VCL Controls.

I have noticed that in some forms the TRzPanel and TRzSizePanel controls do not change the Color to clCream.

I have noticed that the shape of the hint window of the TRzBalloonHints control is changed by Delphi 10.4 with patch 2.
      The size of the hint window is much bigger than the size of the hint text.

Because of these annoying problems I have returned to Delphi Rio 10.3.3.

Ray Konopka
      Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately, at the moment, I do not have a solution to the issues that you (and others) are running into with 10.4. However, I do know that the display issues are occurring because the IDE is now using a custom VCL Style and not the system style, while the form designer is applying a different style.

The problem is that the controls in the library have not been modified to account for this IDE change. (Actually, Embarcadero has made no modifications to the controls since they acquired them, but that’s another story.)

Anyway, the controls are designed to adjust their appearance using the active style. At design-time (in 10.3 and earlier), the active style has always been the Windows style, but in 10.4, the active style applied to the RAD Studio application is either the Light or Dark VCL Style. As such, the KSVC controls pickup their settings from those styles at design-time.

The controls are designed such that if the Windows style is used and custom colors are chosen, then the custom colors are used. However, in the 10.4 design-time environment, the Windows style is not used, and thus the custom colors are not shown. However, if you run the application, then the controls will appear correctly at runtime. I realize that it is very disconcerting to have the design-time appearance not match what is expected.

I wish I could respond with more positive news. I’ll just close that I am extremely frustrated with the way Embarcadero has handled the components. I am investigating ways to address these issues.

Ray

Rhett Price
          Participant

Ray,

Do you have any news on this? Embarcadero support is saying it “might” be fixed in 10.4.2 but they can’t promise anything.

Thanks,

Rhett Price

Dear Ray,

Thank you very much for your explanations.

The Konopka Signature VCL Controls are the best components I have seen.

I have been using these components in all my Windows 32 and 64 bits applications.

It is a great lack of consideration what Embarcadero is doing concerning the Konopka Signature VCL Controls in Delphi 10.4.

Best Regards,

Marcelo.

Rhett Price
          Participant

Are they any updates on a fix? It’s keeping us from releasing our software under Sydney. I’m a long time Raize user from the beginning and I can’t believe Embarcadero dropped the ball on this one.

Thanks,

Rhett Price

Martijn Tonies
            Participant

In addition to the color issue, the ‘ParentColor’ always reverts to False.

I set it to True, save the form, close it, re-open it and it’s back to False.

Anyone experienced this?

With regards,

Martijn

Rhett Price
              Participant

Yes, this is also an issue. It’s driving us nuts. I’ve heard crickets from Embarcadero after filing a bug report…

David Marcus
                Participant

I reverted to Delphi 10.3.

Andrew Waterhouse
                  Participant

Thanks for the geaet package Ray,

Even worse problems here –  the getit install action in my just installed  10.4 goes tells me the eula file on my recently created ISO disk (D:\radstudio_10_4_esd_99797b.gof) is in use by another process. No it isn’t ! Snapshot attached

Failed EULA

Rhett Price
                    Participant

Anyone heard any more info on this bug?

Ray Konopka
                      Keymaster

Hi Rhett,

Unfortunately, I have not experienced this particular error with GetIt, nor have I heard of any reports. Have you contacted Embarcadero about this?

Ray

Rhett Price
                        Participant

Sorry, I meant the Style issues. I have not had any problems with Getit.

Thanks,

Rhett

Ray Konopka
                          Keymaster

Hi Rhett,

Thank you for the clarification. I’m sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought it was in response to the previous post. As for the style issues with 10.4, I really wish I could share some positive news. I’ve certainly been trying from my side, but the ball is in Embarcadero’s court as they say.

Ray

Martijn Tonies
                            Participant

Ray,

is there a possible quick fix for this Color and ParentColor issue somewhere in the code of the library?

Ray Konopka
                              Keymaster

Hi Martijn,

I apologize for the long delay in responding. This whole situation have been extremely frustrating and I’m tired of posting messages where I simply do not have any good answers. I know what needs to be done to the library. The problem is that Embarcadero owns the code. All I can offer at this point is for everyone to reach out to Embarcadero and let them know how important the KSVC is to your work.

Ray

Martijn Tonies
                                Participant

Hi Ray,

I fully understand your frustration. I just noticed Embarcadero ditched the user forums… one less channel to voice our concerns.

Rhett Price
                                  Participant

I’m awaiting the new 10.4.2 Beta – fingers crossed Embarcadero has taken care of this issue. I’ll post here when I determine the results. Has anyone else heard about the beta?

David Marcus
                                    Participant
                                      Rhett Price
                                      Participant

Correct, just wondered if anyone had gotten a link yet (I haven’t seen one) and tried out the Raize components with it

Martijn Tonies
                                        Participant

Ray,

If you know where the problem in the code is, can you let us know so we can fix it ourselves?

with regards,

Martijn

Ray Konopka
                                            Keymaster

Hi Martijn,

Unfortunately, it was not a “simple” fix, and as a result, really needed to be address in a new release. Fortunately, that is finally coming.

Ray

Rhett Price
                                            Participant

Hi Martijn, I have a bit of good news there. I tried the beta coming with 10.4.2 and it indeed fixed our color issues with their Beta version or Konopka controls. I believe they are still working on it and will have another list of fixes for 10.4.3 – but for now our main issue is fixed.

Alvaro Perez
                                              Participant

Hi, how can I install KSVCL 7 manually on 10.4 ??

Thanks

Ray Konopka
                                                Keymaster

Hi Alvaro,

KSVC is deployed via the GetIt Package Manager for 10.4. I’m not aware of any way to manually install KSVC.

Ray

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.