F2084 Internal Error: URW8074

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Allen Noland
      Participant

I just installed Delphi 11.2 as well as the KVSC from GetIt.  When I try to compile an application I get the message [dcc32 Fatal Error] frmTesting.pas(7): F2084 Internal Error: URW8074.  This is a simple app with a form and a TrzPanel on it.

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Allen,

You are the second person who has reported this issue. We thought it was isolated to the other developers installation, but since you are also experiencing this same issue, we now believe there is a problem with the GetIt deployment of KSVC. We will be contacting Embarcadero to look into this, but I also suggest you also report this issue to Embarcadero.

In the meantime, you can work around the issue by adding the KSVC Source directory to your project’s Search Path and compile your project. The DCU file that is cause the issue is actually the RzBorder.dcu. The RzPanel.pas unit uses the RzBorder unit. Apparently, there is something wrong with the RzBorder.dcu in the GetIt deployment. Once you compile the project and get an updated RzBorder.dcu file, you can copy the RzBorder.dcu file to the Lib\Win32 directory and then remove the Source directory from the Source path. Then things should compile properly.

Also note that if you are also going to be building 64-bit apps, you’ll need to do the same thing and move the 64-bit version of the RzBorder.dcu to the Lib\Win64 directory.

Ray

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

Hi Allen,

I have some more information. I’ve been trying to determine why only a couple users are experiencing this issue. Then I remembered that Embarcadero silently released an 11.2 specific version of KSVC. I do not like the way all that was handled, but I believe this is what is affecting your installation.
            So, would you please check the installation directory of KSVC. Please navigate to:
            C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\CatalogRepository
            and then please reply with the name of the KonopkaControls directory.

Ray

Allen Noland
            Participant

The name of the folder is “KonopkaControls-280-7.0For11.2”

Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

Ok. Interesting. The “For11.2” part is what I was looking for. I thought perhaps you had the previous version of KSVC 7 installed and that was causing the issue. I’m engaging Embarcadero to look into the GetIt package deployment so that they can fix it, since it is not an isolated issue.

Ray

Allen Noland
                Participant

I added the source to the path and compiled/moved the dcu’s and that resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help!

Thomas Bornhaupt
                  Participant

Hi, i have the same problem.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\CatalogRepository\KonopkaControls-280-7.0For11.2\Source

i put this to the project search path and it works. In the library-search-path it does not work.

Thomas

Marc Antheunis
                    Participant

same problem here, but we are really stuck

i still have an own component based on TrzButton

but the component package won’t install

same error

adding the source path does not solve it

please advice..

Ray Konopka
                      Keymaster

Hi Marc,

Have you tried rebuilding with 11.3? There is also a new version of KSVC for 11.3 that was released.

Ray

Harald Krijger
                        Participant

Hi Ray,

I have two computers which use the same sourcecode on the server.
                          Nr1 has Delphi 11.2, Nr2 has Delphi 11.3
                          Since I opened and saved the sourcecode on Nr2, I can not compile it again on Nr1 because of an error:Error F2084 URW8074
                          I have Codesite Studio installed. Is there another solution than upgrading Nr2 to 11.3?

Harald Krijger
                          Participant

Hi Ray,

I have two computers which use the same sourcecode on the server.
                            Nr1 has Delphi 11.2, Nr2 has Delphi 11.3
                            Since I opened and saved the sourcecode on Nr2, I can not compile it again on Nr1 because of an error:Error F2084 URW8074
                            I have Codesite Studio installed. Is there another solution than upgrading Nr2 to 11.3?

Ray Konopka
                            Keymaster

Hi Harald,

The easiest solution is to upgrade your Delphi 11.2 version to 11.3. After doing so you will then download the KSVC from GetIt, which is built for 11.3.

If you need to stay with 11.2, then you have a couple options. You could try running the !Build_RC6.cmd file that is located in the KSVC Source directory. You’ll need to follow the instructions at the top of the batch file to verify the Delphi version and compiler location. After editing the !Build_RC6.cmd file, you can then run it to rebuild the components using the Delphi compiler installed on your computer. The batch file will then copy the new *.DCU files to the correct location.

Another option is to add the KSVC Source directory to your Library Search Path (or Project Search Path) so that the compiler rebuilds the component source code. Then, when you build your project, the KSVC components will get recompiled.

The crux of the problem with 11.2 is that there is something wrong with the GetIt distribution that Embarcadero created for KSVC for 11.2. Specifically, one or more DCUs file distributed with KSVC for 11.2 are corrupted in some way. I am aware of the RzBorder.dcu file, but there could be others.

Ray

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.