Codesite Express and RS 10.3

Home Forums CodeSite Codesite Express and RS 10.3

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Latham
      Participant

I have installed RAD Studio 10.3 and attempted to install Codesite Express from GITHUB.

The GITHUB install completes with no errors, but there is no Codesite installation visible in the IDE and the compiler cannot find CODESITELOGGING.DCU.

Clearly I have ‘done something wrong’ (again) for the install process. Something similar happened when I installed 10.2 – I don’t understand why the Codesite install gives me so much trouble. Is it me and my configuration or the installer process? I have run ALL installs keeping everything as default as possible.

If I remember correctly, I had to do some repairs on the registry, but that may have been for KSControls.

Any hints how to fix this problem?

David Hoyle
        Participant

Keith,
          Do you run as a limited user but install as an Administrator. If so, the paths for the DCUs and IDE plug-ins will have been installed under the Administrator’s profile not yours and you will have to manually add them your RAD Studio.

This happens for me as I run as a limited user and not an Administrator.

Dave.

Keith Latham
          Participant

Ah, yes, this is possible. I did the RS install which required Admin rights, and when it finished, it offered to ‘get started’ so I did. I then started installing all my stuff from GITHUB. Eventually, I noticed that it was trying to put my projects source code in the Administrator’s documents account. When I shut down and restarted, all the GITHUB installs were gone and I had to do them again – in my regular account this time.

Are there instructions on what has to be done for this anywhere?

David Hoyle
            Participant

Keith,

I’m not aware of an specific instructions but there are 2 things to fix. The first is your IDE library path and the second the CodeSite IDE plug-in. The best option is to run the IDE as per the account you logged in as to install the software and then go to the IDE Options | Delphi | Library and note down the CS paths that were added and secondly for the plug-in go to the Installed Components and look for the location of the CS IDE plug-in package. Then replicate them in your user acccount IDE.

Dave.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.