Version 6 wishlist ?

Home Forums CodeSite Version 6 wishlist ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Rose
      Participant

I’ve just started to use the TraceMethod with tmoTiming within a database engine to profile SQL. It works really well, but what would really enhance the experience for me is to be able to filter the Live viewer based on Timings e.g only show TraceMethods (and the messages they encapsulate) if the time is greater than X ms

Cheers

David

Niels Maschmeyer
        Participant

I would like to use Codesite for general logging and for that it would be nice to have the following feature.

A way to define what message types would be blocked. At the moment I can only set if Codesite is enabled or disabled like below:

{$IFDEF RELEASE}
          CodeSite.Enabled := FALSE;
          {$ENDIF}
          {$IFDEF DEBUG}
          CodeSite.Enabled := TRUE;

{$ENDIF}

If we could define what kind of message type flow through the log it would be more flexible:

{$IFDEF RELEASE}
          CodeSite.MsgType.Blocked := [mtNote,mtInfo];

{$ENDIF}
          {$IFDEF DEBUG}
          CodeSite.MsgType.Blocked := [];

{$ENDIF}

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

David,

Interesting idea. No promises, but I’ll add it to the enhancement request list.

Ray

Ray Konopka
            Keymaster

Niels,

CodeSite 4 did provide a way to block individual message types in the Dispatcher. There was a Blocked Messages tab (along with a Blocked Categories) in the Settings. However, we removed it from CodeSite 5 because it was hardly ever used and added more complexity to the Dispatcher.

Your request is interesting in that you are blocking the message types from the logging side. However, your example use case is a bit confusing to me. In the RELEASE case, the logger itself is disabled so blocking message types would make no difference.

Could you elaborate more on how you would like to use this functionality?

Ray

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.