TRZLauncher fails to open documents

Home Forums Konopka Signature VCL Controls (formerly Raize Components) TRZLauncher fails to open documents

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven Kamradt
      Participant

Using TRZLauncher to “open” images/documents no longer seems to function under the latest version of Windows 10.  It just generates a 1155 error message stating that no application is associated with that extension.  Navigating to the directory with explorer and double-clicking launches just fine.   Simple test, copy a *.jpg file to a folder, enter the filename in the component and wire up a button so which just calls the launch method.  Previously this would launch the default viewer for *.jpg files and load the requested file. Is there a trick for getting this to function again?

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi,

I am also running the latest version of Windows 10 and I just created a quick test app where I dropped a button and a TRzLauncher component on the form. I then wrote the following event handler for the button’s OnClick event:

procedure TForm32.RzButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
          begin
            RzLauncher1.FileName := 'C:\Users\rkonopka\Pictures\sample.jpg';
            RzLauncher1.Launch;
          end;

I then ran the program and clicked the button. The Windows Photo Viewer (my default app for JPG files) was launched correctly. Do you have any other property changes from the defaults in the TRzLauncher?

Ray

Steven Kamradt
          Participant

It must have been something wrong with my development VM.  There was no associated default viewer installed for some reason. But it did open up a need for a solution if this happens again.  I now trap that error and toss up a “file save as” dialog so the attachment can be examined with another non-default application if necessary (in my case double clicking in explorer opened up paint).

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.