TRZFormState and HDPI

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Sowerby
      Participant

I’m trying to use the TRZFormState component in my app to control forms’ size/positions. It works fine for that purpose, but doesn’t resize them here with HDPI scaling. I’m using a single 1680 x 1050 96 dpi monitor to test this functionality and all is ok at 100% scaling (Settings>System>Display>Scale) . When I change to 175% scaling, the form’s screen size doesn’t increase as expected but remains the same as at 100% scaling. My current ‘homemade’ method of scaling using the onResize event does work as expected. Should the component rescale forms as I expect on (simulated) HDPI displays?

Using W11 and Delphi Alexandria 2.

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Since acquiring the components back in 2015, Embarcadero has addressed some HDPI-related issues in the components, but unfortunately there are still outstanding issues. Such as what you describe with TRzFormState. I would encourage you to submit a report on Quality Portal about this issue so that Embarcadero becomes aware of the issue and can track it, and hopefully address it. Please prefix the title of the report with “KSVC:” as request by Marco Cantu.

Ray

Andrew Sowerby
          Participant

Thanks Ray. However, I have decided not to use the TRZFormState component in my app as I only want one ini Section for all forms in the app and only one key (with minimal data) per form in that section; TRZFormState works fine as far as form positioning is concerned, but doesn’t meet this requirement. I don’t want to use registry storage.

David Marcus
            Participant

Maybe you are having this problem:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-39701
              RSP-39701 KSVC: TRzFormState makes form wrong size if form moved between monitors

Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

Hi Andrew,
                Sorry for the long delay. I missed your last response. The TRzFormState connects to a TRzRegIniFile which can save settings to either the Registry or an INI File.

Ray

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.