TRzAnimate ActivityIndicator doesn’t show

Home Forums Konopka Signature VCL Controls (formerly Raize Components) TRzAnimate ActivityIndicator doesn’t show

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry Wood
      Participant

Hi,

I’m running some code that creates several hundred MS SQL records, so it would be good to show the Animate whilst the records are being created.

I have the TActivitorIndicator on a panel with Animate set to False. Then on the line before I start creating the records I set Animate to True. However, for the 30 or so seconds the records are being created the animator doesn’t show. I’ve traced through debug and it does complete these two commands.

Why wouldn’t it be showing?

Barry Wood
        Participant

Oops, forget this, sorry – not one of yours 🙁

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

No problem. However, I’ll still post my response 🙂

The TRzAnimator component is a user interface control. As such, if your perform some other process in the main UI thread that is computationally intensive, then it is possible for UI controls to not display correctly. There are a couple ways around that–typically creating a background thread to do the work leaving the UI thread free to update.

Now, if the animation is not appearing at all, then that could be some other issue.

Ray

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.