Sample code to send a DataSet

Home Forums CodeSite Sample code to send a DataSet

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariagna Bandala
      Participant

Hello I want to send a TKbMemTable, which is a TDataSet, but I get the error Undeclared identifier : ‘csmDataSet’

I am doing it in the following way:
        CodeSIte.Send(csmDataSet, ‘test table’, MemTemp);

To the unit where I want to use it add in the uses: CodeSiteLogging

Could you help me with an example please?
        I am testing on express version 5.0

Ariagna Bandala
        Participant

My version of CodeSite corresponds to the one added to the version of Delphi XE7

Ariagna Bandala
          Participant

I already tried with csmCustomTable, but when trying it only shows me the properties of the tkbmemtable:(
            I don’t know what I’m doing wrong

Rich Ackerson
            Participant

According to the web site, sending “Dataset Records and Dataset Tables” is a feature of CodeSite Studio, not CodeSite Express. So, I believe that is the reason csmDataSet is an undeclared identifier.

Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

The csmDataSet message constant is defined in the CodeSiteDBTools unit. That unit also defines the CodeSite custom formatters for sending TDataSet and TDataSetRecord values. However, as Rich mentioned, the CodeSiteDBTools unit is available in the CodeSite Studio edition and not CodeSite Express.

Ray

Ariagna Bandala
                Participant

Ok, thank you both very much, I will proceed to see how the matter of purchasing CodeSite Studio goes, one more question I want to install it on a computer that does not have an internet connection, for security reasons, is this not an impediment to installing the studio version or yes?, that is, the installation of CodeSite Studio does not require internet access or yes?

Ray Konopka
                  Keymaster

Hi Ariagna,

The software is distributed via a download link, but once you download it onto a computer (obviously with internet access), you can copy the installer to the desired computer and run it from there. The installer does not require internet access.

Ray

Ariagna Bandala
                    Participant

Ok, thank you very much

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.