RC6 with Delphi 10 Seattle

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel Rail
      Participant

Hi,

We purchased RC6 in 2015 for use in Delphi XE7. Now we are considering to update to Delphi 10 Seattle, since we already have a license. I noticed that the installer for RC6 only supports up to XE8. Is there a version that works with Delphi 10?

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately, Delphi 10 Seattle support was added to the components after Embarcadero acquired the components from us. Also, complicating matters is that with the initial release of Delphi 10 Seattle, Embarcadero began selling the components as a subscription. Eventually, Embarcadero stopped selling the components and made them available to all RAD Studio users–starting with Delphi 10.1 Berlin.

Things got even easier with the release of Delphi 10.2 Tokyo and Delphi 10.3 Rio where the Konopka Signature VCL Controls are available in the GetIt Package Manager.

If you have to use Delphi 10 Seattle, then I’m afraid you will need to contact Embarcadero about getting access to the components.

Ray

Daniel Rail
          Participant

Thanks for the response.  I’ll first try to compile the version that we have under Delphi 10.

Johnson Billyson
            Participant

Hi Daniel,

Did you manage to get your Raize working ?

I’m trying to build Raize components 6.1.10 in Delphi 10 Seattle but I haven’t been successful so far.

I read that RzComps.inc & RaizeComponents_LibSuffix.inc need to be updated 1st.  Mine seem to be correct but I cannot  build them using cmd.

How did you build yours ?

Thanks.

Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

Hi Johnson,

What does the output look like when you try building the components with the !Build_RC6.cmd file?

Ray

Ray Konopka
                Keymaster

Never mind. I see your other post with the details.

Ray

Paul Doland
                  Participant

There is a website that tells you how to install 6.1.2 into 10.1 Berlin.  Probably the same instructions would work to install in 10.0 Seattle other than the compiler version.  At least I would think so.  Google “Using Raize Components 6 in Delphi 10.1 Berlin.”

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.