Method indentation problem

Home Forums CodeSite Method indentation problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariagna Bandala
      Participant

Hello, good morning, sorry, I’m using the EnterMethod and ExitMethod methods to start and close my functions, it had worked perfectly until I had the following environment:

My application was running and it was correctly displaying the messages in the Live Viewer, but it took too long and I decided to stop it from the task manager, however stopping it in this way did not close my function (ExitMethod), I went back to start my application and I enter another function that has the EnterMethod and now in the Live Viewer it seems that it is a child function of which I do not finish so to speak.

I would like to know if there is any way to avoid this behavior, that is, if it is possible to indicate to a function that it always starts as a parent, I have the Studio version.

Example image attached

Example enterMethod

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Ariagna,

The key to handling this situation is to add a Reset Separator to the message log. In the situation that you described above, after forcibly terminating your app with Task Manager, go to the Live Viewer and select Edit > Add Reset Separator. (There is also a toolbar button that does the same thing). The reset separator appears as 2-line separator and resets the indentation level.

You can also programmatically add a reset separator by calling the AddResetSeparator method from a CodeSite logger.

Ray

Hans Brand
          Participant

Hi Ray,

Did not know that feature, I have also added it to my programs!

Kind regards,
            Hans Brand

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.