Lnk Error

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Jackson
      Participant

Dear All,
        I have recently updated to Rio 10.3 and have installed the Konopka Sig Controls and am now getting: [ilink32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file ‘RAIZECOMPONENTSVCL.LIB’, when trying to compile an existing project that was fine before the upgrade. I’ve tried to ensure the paths are set correctly and that the components are in their proper place in the repository directory.

I’ve also tried a clean build, removing the hdrstop’s and recompiling as well as commenting out and back in the #pragma link “RzDBLbl” and #pragma link “RzLabel”

But if fails on the link? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Paul Jackson
        Participant

Ok, well I tried a 64 bit build and it worked, go figure. So like the 32 bit, it asked for the location of the .lib’s which I set to keep permanently, but I did do the same for the 32 bit so….

Comments welcome.

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

Hi,
            The issue is that the new installer that Embarcadero created for the KSVC for 10.3 Rio did not add the necessary directories to the C++ related paths. I have already reported this issue to Embarcadero. In the meantime, you can resolve the issue manually by following the steps below.

In order to fix the issue, we need to add the appropriate KSVC directories to the System Include and Library paths for the C++ compilers. To make the instructions easier to read, consider the following two variables, which define the two paths that are needed.

KSVC_PATH_WIN32=$(BDSCatalogRepositoryAllUsers)\KonopkaControls-260-6.2.3\Lib\RX10.3\Win32

KSVC_PATH_WIN64=$(BDSCatalogRepositoryAllUsers)\KonopkaControls-260-6.2.3\Lib\RX10.3\Win64

Please perform the following steps:

1. Close all files in RAD Studio 10.3
            2. Open the Tools > Options dialog
            3. User the tree on the left and navigate to Language > C++ Options > Paths and Directories
            4. Select “Windows 32-bit” in the Selected Platform combo box
               a. Make the “Compiler” tab active
                  i.  Edit the System Include Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN32 value to the path
                  ii. Edit the Library Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN32 value to the path
               b. Make the “Classic Compiler” tab active
                  i.  Edit the System Include Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN32 value to the path
                  ii. Edit the Library Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN32 value to the path
            5. Select “Windows 64-bit” in the Selected Platform combo box
               a. Make the “Compiler” tab active
                  i.  Edit the System Include Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN64 value to the path
                  ii. Edit the Library Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN64 value to the path
               b. Make the “Classic Compiler” tab active
                  i.  Edit the System Include Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN64 value to the path
                  ii. Edit the Library Path value and add the KSVC_PATH_WIN64 value to the path
            6. Click the Save button to close the Tools > Options dialog box and save the changes
            7. Reopen your project. You should be able to build and run your project now.

Ray

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Ray Konopka.
        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.