Extracting logging information from codesite csl file

Home Forums CodeSite Extracting logging information from codesite csl file

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Niels Maschmeyer
      Participant

Hi, I am a happy codesite user and use it for debugging all our applications.

In our different applications we also use normal textual report logs which we write on different files on different computers. As this is an evolutionary process we write different information/formats for different application of course.

Now we are planning to extract the log information from different applications/files/computer and copy them to a database. (Only critical error messages!) Due to performance reasons this will be automated and done once at night. The idea is to centrally monitor the health of the different programs.

The problem is now how to combine the different information into a useful standard format!

So because I am using codesite for debugging anyway, I am thinking to use if for our general logging too. Switching all our existing log file procedures which makes more sense and we have one format everybody is using.

My problem is now how to extract the different information from the csl files, format them and send them to the database. When I open the csl file I can see that the different messages are surrounded by <BOM> (I guess Begin Of Message…) and <EOM> (… End Of Message).
        Do you have a guideline about the different internal formats so I can extract the information?

Or even better is there a way to use a “codesite class” you have already to access the files and extract the information?

If  not would that be an interesting new feature for version 6? Might be interesting for more customer?

So an additional interface to access and extract the information form an csl file.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.