Components apearence

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Hichem BOUKSANI
      Participant

HiGood morning,
        Some components draw symbols when we use certain styles like Aqua Graphite.
        Open the source of RCDemo, set the style to Aqua Graphite and launch. If you go to Widgets you’d see that Calendar, Time Picker and Calculator all show the “Nike” symbol. You would also see that the menu doesn’t appear correctly.
        Regards

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi,

I tried to duplicate the issue that you reported, but I was unable to do so. What version of Delphi are you using? Also, where exactly does the Nike symbol appear? It sounds like a missing font issue. Although, I would expect that the issue would be present even without selecting a VCL Style.

Ray

Hichem BOUKSANI
          Participant

Hi,

The Delphi version is 10.3.3.

The symbols apears between  “7”, “8” and “9” “divide” and also between “1” and “2”, “3” and “-” buttons in TRzCalculator.

And also under “Today” and “Clear” Buttons in TRzCalendar.

Parentfont are true and Form Font is “Tahoma” witch is present in my computer.

Ray Konopka
            Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I was able to duplicate the effect you are seeing in a brand new project. My gut reaction is that something changed in the Aqua Graphite VCL Style, but I will need to investigate this more thoroughly to figure out just what is happening. Clearly something has changed in a recent release of VCL Styles because this most definitely did not happen before.

Ray

Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

Hi,

I can confirm that the problem first started appearing in RAD Studio 10 Seattle. In XE8 and earlier the VCL Styles appeared correctly. I still need to investigate whether there was a change in the components that is causing this, or a changing in the Style definition itself.

Ray

Ray Konopka
                Keymaster

Okay, digging a little deeper, there is definitely a change in the AquaGraphite VCL Style between XE8 and RX10. I loaded the AquaGraphite.vsf file from XE8 into the Bitmap Style Designer, and then I loaded the AquaGraphite.vsf file from RX10 into the Bitmap Style Designer.

You can clearly see the difference in the ListBox style. In the XE8 version, the list box background is simply black. However, when you look at the same ListBox style in the RX10 version of the AquaGraphite.vsf style you see that there is a glowing check mark right in the middle of the ListBox background. this is why you are seeing the “artifacts” in the widgets. The same checkmark appears in other style backgrounds as well.

The root cause of the problem lies in the source image “style.png” embedded in the style file. In the Bitmap Style Designer, you can clearly see that in RX10 or later, the style.png image has a black rectangle that has the check mark within the bounds of the rectangle. And this rectangle servers as the source image for many control types in the style.

So, to fix this, you can either select a different VCL Style, or you can try to modify the style (i.e. remove the check mark from the source image).

I would also suggest reporting this issue to Embarcadero, so that the style can be fixed for future releases.

Ray

Ray Konopka
                  Keymaster

I reported this issue to Embarcadero: RSP-28164

Ray

Hichem BOUKSANI
                    Participant

Hi Ray,

I’m not familiar with Style Designer, but after a little investigation, I saw your intervention in “CodeRage X” and I was able to fix the problem by following the steps.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Hichem

Ray Konopka
                      Keymaster

You’re welcome. Happy to help

Ray

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.