Codesite logging with exe and dll

Home Forums CodeSite Codesite logging with exe and dll

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kenneth McMillion
      Participant

Currently I have an EXE that is writing a Codesite log file that has it’s name created at runtime. Is there a way to have the DLL that it uses write to the same Codesite file.

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

CodeSite messages generated from both your EXE and your DLL will go to the CodeSite Dispatcher, which will allow messages from both sources to go to the same log file. The key is to get the Destination setup for both.

Is your DLL using the global CodeSite object or a separate TCodeSiteLogger instance? If it is using the global instance then it should use the same destination that was setup in the EXE. If it is a separate logger instance, the DLL logger will use either the Destination defined for the logger instance or the one defined for the CodeSiteManager. Therefore, I would suggest defining your desired log file destination and set it to the CodeSiteManager.DefaultDestination property. That way, all your loggers will use the same destination.

Ray

Kenneth McMillion
          Participant

Hi I’m using the global Codesite object – I will set the CodeSiteManager.DefaultDestination property – thanks for you help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.