A Component Named xxxxx Already Exists.

Home Forums CodeSite A Component Named xxxxx Already Exists.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Gill
      Participant

Hi Ray,

This is more likely an issue with the RAD Studio 10.2.3 Tokyo IDE than CodeSite, but I get this error message after selecting CodeSite Method Tracer the 2nd and subsequent times:

The only solution is to restart RAD Studio.

The reason I think it’s an IDE problem is because I get this error message when starting RAD Studio when it was previously closed with a project still open:

This only started happening about a month ago.

Just wondering if you’ve seen this before and if you have any ideas?

Regards,

Steve

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Steve,

I apologize for the late response. Apparently, the forum software marked your post as needing approval, and of course, did not send a notification that approval was needed. I just happened to be browsing the settings when I discovered your pending message.
          Unfortunately, I have not received any other reports of what you describe, and I have not experienced it either. I agree with you that the other message regarding DotNetForm is very odd. The fact that the MessageTracerForm and this DotNetForm are raising the same error suggests that there is indeed a problem with the IDE. If I had to guess, I would say that perhaps there is a DLL or package issue with your installation.

Again, I apologize for the mix-up with the post approval.

Ray

Steve Gill
          Participant

Hi Ray,

No problem.  Thanks for replying.  I’d reinstall RAD Studio if it didn’t take so long to reinstall all of the 3rd party components.

Regards,

Steve

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.