Uninstalling mess.

Home Forums CodeSite Uninstalling mess.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucian Radulescu
      Participant

Hi,

I had a working instance of Delphi 10.3.3 with CodeSite from GetIt. Than I installed Delphi 10.4 also in good working condition. At some point I also installed CodeSite from GetIt under 10.4 and at some point, uninstalled it (CodeSite). Currently, I installed Delphi 10.4.1. and as we all know that goes with a full uninstall for previous 10.4. After installing 10.4.1 I would have installed CodeSite, but I wanted to check on my 10.3.3 condition. At this point I discovered CodeSite is no longer installed under 10.3.3 and when I go to GetIt (under 10.3.3.) it shows CodeSite as “installed” – which is not. I try to ‘Uninstall’ it from there, however it fails with the error message “Class not registered, ClassID: {7AE4EFBB-DD2A-401F-A699-16962A17B32A}.”

So, I have a broken Delphi 10.3.3 installation and I am not yet willing to re-install it. Please tell me how I can truly uninstall (manually, registry stuff, etc) CodeSite Express under 10.3.3. – so that I can install it back.

TIA
        Lucian

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Lucian,

Another customer ran into a similar issue. We provided the steps that Embarcadero recommends for “resetting” a GetIt Package, but apparently, they did not work. We’ll have to do more research into that. In the meantime, I’ve made the CodeSite Express installer for 10.3 available on our website.

https://raize.com/wp-content/uploads/CS5_Express_RX103.zip

Download and unzip the file, then run the installer. Make sure the IDE is closed before running the installer.

Ray

Lucian Radulescu
          Participant

Thanks Ray, worked like a breeze.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.