TRzDateTimeEdit Hint

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Barry Wood
      Participant

Ray,

See attached screenshot of the above when opened to see the clock face.

Just that the Hint windows isn’t large enough to show all the wording. When I add my own message in ‘HowToUseMsg (with ShowHowToUseHint checked (15 or so words), only the first few words are displayed. Or when I use many words with new lines some truncation occurs.

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Barry,

What version of Delphi are you using? And what version of Windows? And what version of the components?

I created a test app using Delphi 10.4 running on Windows 10 and I got the following:

DateTimeHint

Ray

Barry Wood
          Participant

Hi Ray,

I’m using 10.4 with the update, Windows 10 (all at latest update level), and all the Raize components downloaded and installed from GetIt when they were available a week or so ago (the components say they are v6.2.3). So can’t be more up to date with anything.

I tried on a different project and only get 3 lines of help on that as well.

Ray Konopka
            Keymaster

I think I found out what is happening. I suspect that your application is using the TRzBalloonHints component. Is that correct? When I dropped a TRzBalloonHints component onto my form, I get a similar display issue that you are seeing. The hint caption gets wrapped too soon regardless of how wide the CaptionWidth is set to. Fixing this will require modification to the TRzBalloonHints (or not using the TRzBalloonHints component). I suspect that this issue has been in the components for quite a long time. It’s just that no one ran into it before.

Ray

Barry Wood
              Participant

Ray,

Yes, I have the Balloon Hints component on the form. Looking forward to the next version :-).

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.