Help with Installer and Service

Home Forums CodeSite Help with Installer and Service

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anderson Rogerio
      Participant

Hello, my name is Anderson and I’m from Brazil. I recently started using the Express version with my Delphi and I’m really enjoying it.

Congratulations on the tools created 🙂 and I’m sorry for using Google Translate to write.

I did several tests with CS5_Tools.exe /? and I couldn’t identify if there is a parameter to install only “File Viewer” along with “Dispatcher” on my users’ Windows.

When I use the CS5_Tools installer what is the name of the service created for the “Dispatcher” or does it not run as a service when using the installer?

I would like to put a check in my app to see if the “Dispatcher” is installed and if not, I will give a warning or install it automatically. Installing only CSDispatcher.exe I can know the process and the service there I can check if it exists, but using CS5 I cannot know.

Thank you so much.

Ray Konopka
        Keymaster

Hi Anderson,
          I’m glad to hear that you are enjoying CodeSite Express.

The CodeSiteToolsSetup.txt file (included in the Tools directory along with the CS5_Tools.exe) provides details about customizing the CodeSite Tools install. Specifically, there are parameters that you can set to control which tools get installed.

By default the CodeSite Dispatcher does not run as a service. To run the Dispatcher as a service, the Dispatcher needs to be registered with Windows. Please read the “Running as a Service” topic in the CodeSite Help file for details about running the Dispatcher as a service. When the Dispatcher is run as a service, it appears in the Services list as CodeSiteDispatcher.

Ray

Anderson Rogerio
          Participant

Hi Ray …

I found the file “” C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Raize \ CS5 \ Tools \ CodeSiteToolsConfig.ini “, I imagine it is the one you mentioned above?

After doing the customized installation by the file above, I followed his advice and ordered to install and start the service. In this way it will operate only as a service. I believe that this is what I need.

Now I will create something to know if the service is started and notify my user.

Is there anything I can program using CodeSite to find out if Dispatcher is active or not?

Thanks for everything 🙂

Anderson Rogerio
            Participant

Hi Ray, I was trying to “reinvent the wheel”.

I didn’t realize that the methods I needed already exist in the TCodeSiteLogger class and look that I am reading the help from top to bottom and I did not attend to it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.