CodeSITE proprietary mechanism

Home Forums CodeSite CodeSITE proprietary mechanism

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariagna Bandala
      Participant

I used Google translate to write the message

I am interested in acquiring the studio version, but first I have a couple of questions to resolve, I plan to use this tool in my development and production environments, remotely, that’s why wanting the studio version, currently carried out a couple of tests on the express version that I already have included in my RAD StudioXE7.
        1. Is it possible that a proprietary mechanism can be added (in case that is already the case as it is done by commit only)? In other words, if someone else outside my company has the studio version and gets my application, they cannot see the messages that were added.
        2. What remote connection protocols do you use? What happens is that I would be interested in being able to monitor the productive environment, that is to say that my application is being manipulated by the user and in my team within my company I can see what is happening
        3. Is it possible that a filter can be applied so that only the values ​​of a certain process that interests us are shown in the Live Viewer? I plan to do it by directives, I don’t know if this can solve just seeing certain processes

I am waiting for your answer, to be able to make my purchase as soon as possible

Ariagna Bandala
        Participant

I forgot another important question, the licensing of the studio version, is it a single payment? how it is handeled? by team? by rad studio license?

Ray Konopka
          Keymaster

Hi Ariagna,

Thank you for your interest in CodeSite Studio. I will do my best to answer your questions.
            1. I believe what you are asking for in this question is the ability to encrypt the data that is captured with CodeSite. The current version of CodeSite does not support automatically encrypting the message data. We are investigating ways to do this in a relatively seamless manner for a future release.
            2. The current version of CodeSite Studio supports sending CodeSite messages to a remote computer using TCP. Specifically, your application would specify a TCP remote destination. Then when your app generates a CodeSite message, it is sent to the CodeSite Dispatcher running locally on the machine. Then the local Dispatcher will send the message to the CodeSite Dispatcher that is running on the remote computer. The Remote Dispatcher will then typically save the CodeSite message to a log file.
            3. There are several methods of controlling the amount of data that is generated/sent by CodeSite. For example, you can setup separate CodeSite loggers and specify a Category for each logger. Then you can Enable/Disable the loggers as necessary to control the amount of messages that are logged. The Viewers also provide the ability to create filtered views so that you only see the messages that you are interested in. For example, you can create a new view that only shows you messages from a specific process.

I hope this answers your questions.
            Ray

Ariagna Bandala
            Participant

OK, thank you very much for your answer, regarding question 4, which I added later, can you provide me with information about your licensing, if the payment is one-time, or is it regarding equipment, or per Rad Studio license?

Ray Konopka
              Keymaster

Hi Ariagna,
                CodeSite Studio is sold as a traditional software license. It is a one-time payment, and NOT a subscription. The license is the traditional “like a book” license. You are allowed to install the logging classes (the code that you link into your programs) onto multiple machines provided you are the only one using the software at a time. If you have another developer that will be compiling/building code using the CodeSite logging classes, then a separate license should be purchased for each developer.

Ray

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.